Troyer's Birds' Paradise SuperGourd with Round Entry
- Free Shipping In The USA!
- This rugged, plastic gourd was engineered based on 20 years of research into the breeding biology of purple martins.
- This research found that purple martins have higher fledgling rates in large, white gourds than they do in typical aluminum martin houses, and this unit will certainly meet the needs of these birds.
- The one-piece, plastic body has no seams, molded for protection from the elements, as well, a molded rain canopy above the 2" diameter entry hole.
- There are seven drainage holes on the base of the gourd, allowing any captured water to exit rapidly.
- Molded ribs along the top of the canopy offer texture for martins, acting as a perching platform.
- On the side of the gourd is a threaded cap to access inside the gourd to clean it out.
- Also the 45° angle creates a great viewing perspective for nest checks.
- Made from high-density, polyethylene plastic body that is relatively heavy for less swinging in the wind
- The white color reflects sunlight, to help keep the interior cool.
- This gourd will not rot, peel, split, or crack, nor will it break accidentally if dropped.
- The UV inhibitors in the molded plastic body ensure a long life expectancy.
- Pre-drilled 1/4" holes are at the top of the gourd, to hang on a hanger or rack.
- Use your own racking system or purchase Troyer's Birds' Paradise Horizontal Gourd Rack for 8 Gourds.
- You can enlarge the existing holes or drill new holes for different way to hang the gourd.
- Made in the USA!
Opening: 2" dia.
Dimensions: 10.5" dia. x 13.75"H
Mounting: may be hung
Shipping Weight: 4 lbs
Please allow 2 - 9 business days for delivery.