GLASS BIRD BATHS
IMPORTANT: Glass bird baths usually have a slippery surface. So to help the birds feel more comfortable on glass surfaces, place non-toxic decals in the bowl. Which can be the same decals that are placed in bathtub floors. Another option is to fill the bowl with stones. This will provide a more secure surface to help birds hold on, plus it will add extra weight to the bird bath to make it more sturdy. Also in the winter, if you use a bird bath heater in your glass bird bath. The bath heater will prevent the water from freezing, but it may not be enough to prevent damage to the glass bath.
- Glass bird baths can be very decorative.
- Very easy to clean
- The bowl usually is able to come off the stand
- The bowl has a graduale slop towards the middle which makes birds feel more comfortable
- Glass bird baths are usually lite.
- Shipped in a compact package and very easy to put together.
- Easy to move around in your yard.
- Glass bird baths can be stand alone or hanging.
- Bird bath accessories can usually be added, to make the bath more efficient.
- Since they can be very lite, they can be easy to tip over in the wind.
- Should not be used year round, once colder climate is present.
- Can be damaged in the cold winter months if left out.
- Need to be stored during colder months.
- Glass usually has a slippery surface, which can make it difficult for the birds.
- Can be more fragile compared to some other bird baths.
- No water movement
Standing glass bird baths can come in 4 different styles. Each style can bring a colorful display to your yard while attracting songbirds. Since these bird baths are usually lite in weight, they could be tipped over in a strong wind. To help prevent tip overs, a good idea is to anchor the legs to the ground or place the bird bath in a area that will be protected from the wind.
GLASS GROUND BIRD BATH
Small stand with bowl is considered a ground bird bath. These type of bird baths are fantastic for birds that are ground feeders. They are more comfortable staying closer to the ground while foraging and bathing.View This Type Of Bird Bath
STANDING GLASS BIRD BATH
A stand that has a glass bowl placed on top of the stand or fits inside of the stand. These stands are usually four legged and rest on top of the ground.View All Standing Glass Bird Baths
PRONG STAND GLASS BIRD BATH.
A prong stand. The bowl rest on top of the stand or is placed inside of the stand. But the stand itself has prongs that stab into the ground. Giving the bird bath a more secure placement.View All Prong Bird Baths
HANGING GLASS BIRD BATHS
Hanging bird baths have some advantages over the tradition bird baths. One would be, since the bird bath is hanging instead of being placed on the ground, it eliminates ground predators from being able to attack the birds. Another benefit would be for you, being able to diversify your yard with a hanging bird bath that other bird baths are not able to do.View All Hanging Glass Bird Baths